Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Single

"I'm single"

I used to say that with such anguish and melancholy. It's amazing how a phrase like that could easily make you feel so alone and deserted. I used to feel so empty whenever the thought even invades my mind.

"I'm single"

Now, I say it with such ease and a sense of complacency. I say it blithely and full of self-admiration. Whenever the thought crosses my mind, another prospect turns up that makes me smile (let's not disclose that shall we? :P)
"Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty sexy and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with." - Carrie Bradshaw

It's not a status anymore. It's a way of celebrating your life and your independence. I have always been independent but now, I'm actually emotionally independent. For that I am thankful and blessed....let's face it, it wasn't easy to overcome the sense of need and compulsion to be loved by that one significant other, especially after so long. So now, I'm celebrating my single life with whomever and however I WANT! And what about the other perks of being single? I'm truly loving it!!
  • You can do whatever you want (whatever you want...)
  • No need to deal with anyone's bad moods and split personality dramas
  • Just get the juice/cheese/toilet papaer/videos/CDs/take-out that you want!
  • There is no one putting you on a tiny pedestal that you can fall off of at any moment, unless you are focusing on your balance all day long
  • You don't have to stroke the fragile male ego, and other things.
  • No more checking with someone to see if 'it's okay' to tell someone yes or no to an invitation. You can accept on the spot.
  • You don't have to do laundry because he has no clean socks.
  • You can eat garlic or onions without a second thought about breath mints. (unless you haf a hawt date of course...hahaha)
  • You don't have to worry if he will or won't call
  •  You don't have to give yourself lame excuses for not devoting time to yourself
  •  No more arguments about things you can't explain
  •  You can be happy with who you are, not who he wants you to be 
 "You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose." - Jo Courdert

Along the way I've strived and defended the relationship, I've lost myself, there's no doubt about it. I have lost the magic that was me and only me. How could I have denied myself of the joy that defines my life? How could I have used him as a crutch to live my life? There's so much I have missed and now I have to make up for it, yes? ;)
I vow to not live in fear anymore.

"Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand." - Anonymous

This is in no way of comparing being in a relationship vs the single life. It is mere observations I have made in my road to self-discovery. My journey is still long and obscure. The road I will take is still unknown to me. Let me make my own mistakes that I won't regret. In the meantime, I have my dear family and friends to guide me and accompany me whilst I tread these untouched waters (and of course, for those goyang go-young sessions...ssshhhh)

 
~my soul sisters~

  
~toilet trip gone wild~

  
~12 years and counting~

                                                              ~i'll always afundi fal~

                                                                         ~wild cherry fun~

 
~my saviour, i love you forever~


                                         ~kari....wat can i say bro....haha~

 
~non-stop summer karaoke sessionsssss~


~no matter what, we'll be there ;P~


~my life partner in crime~


~the fun never stops with you gurls~


~not just a banana boat ride ;)~


~ doctor joe~


~ we fly together, we land together~


~ happy moments through my darkest times~

  
~ always brings the crazy, aboooo~


~ my hawt Melbourne mum~


                                                                          ~ShamWOW~

 
~my goyang go-young guru~


~u always make it count~


~ila gila~


~my heart beats for u~


~my brother, through thick and THIN~

 
~ i miss~


~newfound treasure~


~always more than the eyes can see~


~my motivators~

 
~i'll always remember our secret car session~


Oh, btw how undeniably accurate is this??? haha....

 “There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 500SL.” – Lynn Lavner

8 comments:

  1. "....I know that you're tired of waiting. And you may have to wait a little while more but, she's on her way, Ted. And she's getting here as fast as she can."

    -Stella to Ted, How I Met Your Mother season 4 episode 23-


    Well, before that person arrives, lets just enjoy being single! hahaha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that the most important relationship you could have is a relationship with yourself because in the end, you're the only one that's gonna stick by you through thick and thin. No point in being in a relationship, or to be loved for that matter, at the expense of yourself :)

    btw, motivator? i could say the same thing on my part. haha. and why the heck is this post has a white background on it, unlike the previous one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. being single rocks! ;)

    btw, I'm your motivator? awwwh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Din: Yes!!! Let's rock the socks off singledom!!
    I've done things I never could have done
    before and tried things I couldn't have
    imagined!!! :)

    Shaq: True that shaq!! and I knew you were
    gonna comment on the background!!!!!!
    hahahaha.....
    gawd....i soo don't know what happen
    dude.....suddenly it became cream! sigh~
    Of course you're my motivator!!! Plus, the
    mini motivator seminars on my balcony,
    really gets me!!! hahaha...


    Neen: Yes!! You are my motivator!!! hehe....
    You showed it was possible in every way
    to achieve your hopes and dreams no
    matter how hard it is!!and look incredibly
    gorgeous doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hhmm....details unfortunately cannot be disclosed din!! hahaha......

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am truly honored to be included in this post *MWUAHXXXS!!!!* dont worry, next time, we'll sit in the car and do it again ok?
    hehehe

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaww...ainer!!! of course you're in!! like DUH!! ~hugs n mmmuuuaaaxxx~

    yes, we should do it again, soooon :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete